Share Your Cancer Story!
If you’re a cancer patient, survivor, caregiver, healthcare provider, etc, and you want to share your cancer story, we’d love to post it! You’re welcome to write your own story (does not have to be original, can be reposted from other sites who’ve shared your story) or you can fill out this interview template and we’ll either share it as an interview or construct an article on you. We may dig deeper in a few areas and ask more questions. Start by sending these questions with your answers to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get back to you within a few business days.
- Just so people have a little background on you, can you tell me when you were diagnosed and with what? What was your treatment and for how long?
- How does it feel when you’re diagnosed with cancer?
- What is some advice you would give to other cancer patients?
- How do you want your friends and family to treat you / act around you during your cancer treatment?
- What’s the best thing people can do for you during cancer?
- What inspired you, made you laugh, or overall helped you get through treatment?
- What was the most painful moment of your cancer journey? (you don’t have to answer this if you’re not comfortable)
- What was the most joyful moment of your cancer journey?
- How do you feel about cancer today vs. when you first got diagnosed?
- How has cancer changed you as a person?
- What are you up to these days? Are you still in treatment? Are you in remission? Involved in the cancer community in some way? Traveling? Focusing on family and healthy lifestyle? Feel free to write whatever comes to your mind!
Feel free to elaborate and add more questions & answers if you feel we’ve forgotten an important area. Photos to support your story are welcome.
Thank you for sharing your story with us!